Andrew J. Palmer was born in Winchester, Massachusetts. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Government from the Universit of Massachusetts (Amherst, 1969) and his Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School. Mr. Palmer is admitted to practice before the U.S.D.C. for the District of New Hampshire; the state courts of Illinois and United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois, the State Courts of Florida, and the Federal District Court for the State of Florida. He is also a member of the Bar of the United States Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice:
- Professional Liability
- Directors and Officers
- Design Professionals
- Errors and Omissions
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Construction Litigation
- Florida, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court New Hampshire
- U.S. Bankfuptcy Courth Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankcuptcy Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Illinois
Professional Association and Memberships:
- Federal Bar in New Hampshire, Member
- State and Federal Bars of Illinois, Member
- State Bar of Florida, Member
- Florida Lawyers’ Network
Design Professoinals’ Insurance and Surety Programs in Architect and Engineer Liability: Claims Against Design Professionals Editors Hedemann and Cushman (co-author), Aspen.
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- University of Massachusetts – Amherst, Massachusetts
B.A., Major: Government
- The Fundamentals of Construction Contracts, Understanding the Issues: Insurance Coverage of Construction Claims
- Florida’s New Construction Claims Statutes and Related Claims Issues, Insurance Coverage of Construction Defects
- Florida’s New Construction Claims Statutes and Related Claims Issues, Definition of Defects
- Florida’s New Construction Claims and Related Claims Issues, Standar of Care
Mr. Palmer was previously with Peerless Insurance Company in Keene, New Hampshire from 1975 to 1978 where he was responsible for surety and fidelity bond claims and various corporate legal matters.
From 1978 to 1994, Mr. Palmer was on the claims staff at Shand, Morahan and Co., Inc.. in Evanston, Illinois where he handled professional liability claims involving architects, engineers, medical professionals, investment advisors and mutual funds as well as various product liability claims. In addition, Mr. Palmer supervised a staff of six attorneys covering a geographic territory from the western United States including Alaska and Hawaii. In addition, Mr. Palmer handled claims in Nauru and Iran. Mr. Palmer was also manager of a claims audit department with a staff of four.
Mr. Palmer joined Peterson & Ross, Chicago Illinois in 1994. There, he represented various insurers with respect to coverage issues involving professional liability insurance; directors and officers errors and omissions insurance and various insurance products for the not-for-profit sector. Mr. Palmer represented clients in mediations, arbitrations and litigation.
In 2002, Mr. Palmer joined CNA Insurance Companies in Chicago, Illinois as a Reinsurance Claims Consultant to CNA Re. At CNA Re, Mr. Palmer was responsible for administration of various reinsurance matters including litigation and arbitration and claims involving professional liability and surety.
While at Peterson & Ross and CNA, Mr. Palmer was an attorney for the Cook County Courts’ mandatory arbitration program, acting as an arbitrator on a three person panel.
Mr. Palmer is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator.